See also: Doe Run Village.
On Doe Run, one mile from its junction with Buck Run, William Harlan erected in 1744 a mill on the site of an Indian village. In 1827, Hayes Clark, who built a hotel across the road from the general store, opened a post office to server the families clustered around the mill. During the years from 1866 to 1906 when Percy W. Buffington was postmaster of Doe Run, it was known as Buffington's.
Chatham Road • Doe Run Road • Route 841