Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Cochranville

West Fallowfield Twp, Chester County, PA

In 1724 James Cochran [1], after whom the village in West Fallowfield Township was named, came to the Octoraro Valley with a small band of Scotch-Irish settlers and in time opened a roadside inn next to the Shawnee Indian reservation. When the post office was established there, the name was spelled Cochransville, but the "s" was removed by the Post Office Department in 1884.

  1. Pinkowski, Edward. Chester County Place Names,, Sunshine Press, Philadelphia, 1962

Street Names
Church Street • Cochran Street • Daleville Road • Glennville Road • Homeville Road • Limestone Road