Historic Sketch 
In the sylvan valley of the Eastern Brandywine, about 8 miles north of Coatesville, lies a settlement of 50-odd frame houses, several stores and a Methodist church. In the early nineteenth century the place was called Indiantown and practically the only building of any account was grist mill until James Moore bought it from George Evans in 1848. Moore established the town and coined the name for a narrow valley with his last name to identify the principal place of Wallace Township. But when a post office was established there in 1869, it was named Norwood, obviously a contraction for North Woods. It did not win local favor and on July 17, 1874, the post office was renamed Glen Moore. It did not appear as it does now until the 1890's when the Board on Geographic Names, established by President Harrison, recommended that names consisting of two or more words should be written as one word. The Norwood post offices was established on the same day as Barneston and Cupola.
Creek Road • Route 282