Historic Crossroads Village 
Guthriesville — on U.S. 322 four miles northwest of Downingtown, Guthriesville is a quiet little crossroads village that originated in 1806 when Joseph Guthrie erected a sturdy house for himself and his family and attracted other settlers. That an "s" belongs in the name is denied by some residents of the section. It appears as Guthriesville in the Post Office Directory of 1827. The "s" may have been used to honor not only the founder of the village, Joseph Guthrie, but also its first postmaster, James B. Guthrie.
Hopewell Road • Horseshoe Pike • Route 322