Taylor Township supervisors' offices are located at 11090 South Eagle Valley Road, Port Matilda PA 16870.
The land in Taylor Township was, for the most part, taken up on warrants in the years 1792 and 1793. The first settler in the territory was William Birge. The Vaughn brothers came there first in the year 1792 — Richard, Joseph and Benjamin Vaughn. Elijah Merriman also came with them. Hannah Furnace was built in 1832, but has not been in operation for many years. Among its present residents is John T. Fowler, who in 1871 commenced large lumber operations. The township was organized by a decree of Court dated January 27, 1847, out of Half-Moon township. Population of Taylor township in 1850, 349; in 1860, 351; in 1870, 512; in 1880, 617; in 1890, 577.