Snow Shoe Township supervisors' offices are located on Old Side Road, Clarence PA 16829.
Snow Shoe township was erected out of Boggs township January 27, 1840. Surveys were made in this township as early as 1773 known as the "Snow Shoe Camp Surveys." The remainder of the lands were not appropriated until 1792 and 1793. The first permanent settler was John Bechdol in May, 1818. The wild lands were principally owned by the Gratz's, subsequently by the Snow Shoe Land Association. Moshannon village was laid out in 1849 by James Gilliland. Snow Shoe village is a noted summer resort and was laid out in 1858. It is 850 feet above Bellefonte and about 2000 feet above tide water. The township is remarkable for the amount of coal contained within its limits. Its outlets are the Snow Show railroad to Bellefonte and the Vanderbilt road. Population of Snow Shoe township in 1850, 432; in 1860, 505; in 1870, 1162; in 1880, 1410; in 1890, 2397.