Rush Township supervisors' offices are located at 150 North Richard Street, Philipsburg PA 16866.
Rush Township, the largest in area, lies on the Southwestern side of the county, bounded on the West by Moshannon creek. Philipsburg, its emporium formerly, is now a borough. The principal surveys in its territory were made in 1793 and 1794. It is now traversed by the Tyrone and Clearfield railroad and the extension of the Vanderbilt road from Jersey Shore. At Sandy Ridge there are extensive fire-brick works. The township is divided into two precincts, North and South precincts. Osceola Station, Powelton and Sandy Ridge are its stations on the Tyrone and Clearfield railroad. Rush township was erected at April Sessions, 1814, out of Half-Moon and called in honor of Dr. Benjamin Rush. It is noted for its rich deposits of coal. Population of Rush township in 1850, 371; in 1860, 680; in 1870, 1963; in 1880, 1591; in 1890, 2829.