The Penn Township supervisors' office is located at 118 Tea Hollow Lane, Coburn PA 16832.
Penn Township was erected by a decree of Court on 30th of November, 1844. Brush mountain forms its Northern boundary, Haines township is on the East and Gregg township on the West, and its Southern portion extends into the Seven mountains. Its village is Coburn, a station on the Lewisburg and Tyrone railroad, at the forks of the Penns and Pine creeks, Millheim, within the township limits, being now a Borough. A turnpike road runs from Millheim to Coburn, constructed in 1879. Surveys were made in the territory of Penn township as early as October, 1766, and it had settlers, among them Samuel Hoy, John Wall and John Livingston, as early as 1773 and 1774, and one of its later prominent citizens was Hon. Jacob Kryder. Population in 1860, 1054; in 1870, 1158; in 1880, 814; in 1890, 978.