Borough municipal offices are located at 416 Front Street, Milesburg PA 16853.
The town plan of Milesburg was surveyed in the year 1793 by direction of Colonel Samuel Miles, of Philadelphia. It was the site of an Indian village known as "Bald Eagle's Nest," having been the home of the Indian Chief Bald Eagle. Andrew Boggs was the first settler of the locality in 1769. The Erie turnpike was completed from Milesburg over the Allegheny mountains in 1822 and in 1847 the Bald Eagle canal opened to Milesburg. In 1864 the Bald Eagle Valley railroad was completed and after the flood of 1865 the canal was abandoned. The post-office at Milesburg was established March 13, 1797, the first post-office in the territory of Centre county, and Joseph Green appointed postmaster. By the Act of March 3, 1843, Milesburg was incorporated as a Borough.