Borough Municipal offices are located at 780 Black Street, Howard PA 16841.
The Borough of Howard is situated in Bald Eagle Valley, fifteen miles from Lock Haven and eleven and one-half miles from Bellefonte. The first house on the site was built by William Tipton in 1800. The first store there was started by H. B. Packer, a brother of Governor Packer, in 1830. The Howard Iron Works were located near the town as early as 1829. The canal was completed to Howard in I837 and it is now connected with commerce by the Bald Eagle Valley railroad. The town was incorporated into a Borough by Act of Assembly of May 3, 1864. The area was first settled circa 1770.