A hamlet about two miles from Spring Mills, on Penn's creek. It was settled in the early part of this century, and the first mill was built in 1815. Robert James operated a tan yard in 1832 as well as a general store. There are two churches in the vicinity — an Evangelical and a Union, occupied by the Lutheran and Reformed congregations.
Bitner Hollow Road • Penns Cave Road • Ridge Road