Curtin Town Hall is located at 351 Orviston Mountain Road, Howard PA 16841.
Curtin Township was formed by a division of Howard Township November 25, 1857, the dividing line being along the top of Marsh Creek dividing ridge. Beech Creek and Clinton county bound it on the north-east. Among the first settlers of the territory were John and Nicholas Lucas, who came from Maryland, and there are now in Centre County more people of the family name of Lucas than of any other family name. In 1840 John Packer erected the first saw mill within the territory of Curtin and in 1842 raised the first frame barn therein. It is watered by Beech and Marsh creeks and has now a post office, Romola, within its borders. Population in 1860, 237; in 1870, 459; in 1880, 624.