This late 19th century village changed its name to Michener in 1903 with the establishing of the post office. When the post office ceased operation some years, area residents re-adopted the earlier name.
A handful of small commercial enterprises, including an antique shop, could be found as late as the 1990s. The distinctive residences are visible along Carversville Rd on the drive from Street Rd to Carversville.
Carversville Road • McNeil Road