Aquetong Village was originally called Paxsons Corner after the Paxson family, prominent in the area. 'Rolling Green,' the Paxson family mansion (York Rd), was built in 1748. In 1778 General Charles Lee, leading an advance division on the march from Valley Forge to Monmouth, camped his 6 brigades in a field across from Rolling Green.
A post office opened in 1884 with William H. Robinson as postmaster.
Aquetong is a Lenni Lenape Indian word meaning 'the place of the pines.' By 1872 the village had a store, several shops, and about 16 dwellings (Hershey's Directory).
Aquetong Road • Lower York Road • Route 202