The Village of Shelly lies in the northwest corner of the township, near the border with both Milford and Springtown. It was once a stop on the Bethlehem Branch of the Reading Railroad and was known as Shelly Station. The station was named in honor of the Shellys, a prominent family in the area. A post office was established in 1879.
Today (2004) Shelly is home of a dozen or so residences, a firehouse, a Mennonite church, and what appears to be a small, indeterminate industrial concern.
Cherry Road • Nice Road • Shelly Road