Blooming Glen is one of 6 historic villages in Hilltown Township of which vestiges remain today. Located at the intersection of the eagerly-trafficked Route 113 and Blooming Glen Rd, passersby have precious-little chance to savor the character of this 19th century, primarily residential nugget.
For a short time in its earliest days, the town was called Perkasie. By the 1870s the area was popularly known as Moyer's Store, which also served as the post office, with John Moyer as postmaster. While the name was changed to Blooming Glen during John Moyer's term, it is not known exactly when. Moyer passed in 1883 and was succeeded as postmaster by William Bishop.
Blooming Glen Road • Route 113 • Souderton Road