Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Hagersville

East Rockhill Twp, Bucks County, PA

Hagersville post office was established in 1851 with Francis Gerhard as postmaster. The village was named for Colonel George Hager who was a politician of local prominence. Samuel Hager, another member of this influential family, was the founder of Perkasie. By the 1870s, Hagersville had a population of about 150 and had a store and hotel as well as blacksmith and wheelwright shops which thrived on the two coach factories also located here. Frederick Heany, son of a Rockhill settler/German immigrant, owned the hotel around 1875. He is notable as one of the leaders of the Fries Rebellion.

Nearby Neighborhoods

Street Names
5th Street North • Old Bethlehem Road