South Waverly Borough
South Waverly Borough Hall is located at 2523 Pennsylvania Avenue, South Waverly PA 18840; phone: 570-888-2125.
South Waverly — Incorporated from Athens Township, January 28, 1878. First called "Factoryville." The borough is the Pennsylvania section of Waverly, New York. South Waverly, Sayre, and Athens form a continuous town, or chain of boroughs, from the south line of Athens to the New York State line. The 300th anniversary of the advent of white men into Pennsylvania was observed here in patriotic exercises, October 15, 1915, where a marker for Brule was unveiled. Population in 1940 was 1212.