Rome Borough Hall, P.O. Box 208, Rome PA 18837.
Rome — Incorporated from Rome Township, February 7, 1861, and named for the township which was named for the Eternal City, being on the same parallel or latitude. Frederick Eikler was the first settler in 1798. Post office was established in 1831, with Peter Allen, postmaster. Dedication of monument for Philip P. Bliss, the evangelist, July 10, 1877, was attended by 10,000 persons. Population in 1940 was 218.