Overton Town Hall, PO Box 47, New Albany PA 18833.
Named in honor of Edward Overton Sr., a prominent member of the Bradford County Bar who held large tracts of lands within its bounds and gave the people valuable assistance in their effort to secure the erection of a new township. For fifty years the area was known as "Heverly Settlement." The 46-square mile township was formed in 1853 from Albany, Franklin, and Monroe Townships.
The many springs throughout the township made Overton a popular hunting ground for regional native Americans. Pioneers Daniel Heverly, a Pennsylvania German, and his sons, John, Daniel, Jacob, Christian and Henry were the founders. He came to Monroe from Lehigh County in 1806.