Le Raysville Borough Hall, P.O. Box 142, Le Raysville PA 18829.
LeRaysville, so named in honor of Vincent LeRay de Chaumont, a French gentleman of Jefferson county, N. Y., who owned many sections of land, embracing a large part of Eastern Bradford.
LeRaysville, by virtue of its central location, that section at the "crossroads," was early selected as the best point for business and enterprise. A post-office was established here in 1827 with Josiah Benham, postmaster. Stores, shops and manufacturing concerns multiplied and the place became a thriving village. In 1863 it was incorporated as LeRaysville borough. It had a population of 284 in 1870 and 253 in 1920. LeRaysville has an elevation of 1450 feet and is the highest town in the county.