Borough mailing address: HC 1, Box 46, Alba PA 16910.
Incorporated in 1864 from Canton Township; settled as early as 1803. Located on Route 14 approximately half way between Canton (to the south) and Troy (to the north).Main thoroughfares: Windfall Road (east-west) Route 14 (north-south).
Noah Wilson's settlement, in the northern part of the township on the Northern Central railroad, grew into a thriving village, and in the '70's and '80's contained important enterprises, manufacturing carriages, coaches and sleighs. In February, 1864, it was incorporated as Alba borough. The Alba post-office was established in 1827 with Irad Wilson postmaster.
Alba signifying 'white,' an emblem of purity. So named by Noah Wilson, the first settler there, because of the pure, clear stream of water flowing through the locality.