Borough municipal offices are located at 3406 Kutztown Road, Laureldale, PA 19605.
The land that is now Berks County was sold to Penn and his sons by the Indians in a series of agreements dating between 1684 and 1736. The land now occupied by Laureldale Borough was part of a deed of release agreed to by the Lenni Lenape in September 1718, the year in which William Penn died. Although the very first Europeans in Pennsylvania were English Quakers, the tolerance they practiced attracted victims of religious persecution from all over Europe. The first white settlers in the Reading area, most of them Germans, began to arrive in 1737. Most of these settlers were Lutherans from the Alsace and Rheinland sections of Germany near the French border.
Laureldale was incorporated April 8, 1930 from Muhlenburg Township. The name is reportedly derived from combining Laurel Hill and Rosedale.
Nearby Towns: Alsace Twp • Bern Twp • Centerport Boro • Cumru Twp • Exeter Twp • Kenhorst Boro • Leesport Boro • Lower Alsace Twp • Maidencreek Twp • Mount Penn Boro • Muhlenberg Twp • Ontelaunee Twp • Reading City • Ruscombmanor Twp • Saint Lawrence Boro • Shillington Boro • Sinking Spring Boro • Spring Twp • West Lawn Boro • West Reading Boro •