Bethel is an historic village that lies at the junction of Route 501 (Lancaster Avenue) and Interstate 78 in Bethel Township.
The village was laid out in 1814 by Michael Miller and contained 52 lots and an Inn. The location became a popular place for watering and resting horses on their way to Reading or the Union Canal. The name was changed from Millersburg to Bethel somewhere around 1900.
Lancaster Avenue • Schubert Road