Beaver Falls City Hall is located at 715 15th Street, Beaver Falls, PA 15010.
Beaver [†] Falls is located along the Beaver River, 6 miles north of the confluence of the Beaver and Ohio Rivers. By the 20th century, Beaver Falls had become home to a variety of manufacturing companies, including companies that refined primary steel and created steel products. The City's location along the river and flat floodplain along the river banks provided easy means for rail and river transportation. The river also became essential for power generation as well as waste disposal. The establishment of Geneva College in 1880 gave the community a dual character as both a "mill town" and a "college town." The population in Beaver Falls peaked in 1950 at approximately 17,300 people. A decline in population began following World War II and accelerated in the 1980s as the steel industry and related industries started to collapse. Declining population led to an increase in vacant industrial buildings, empty homes, and closing businesses, leading to fiscal challenges for the City government.
† Riverwise,Beaver Falls Ecodistrict Cision Statement, 2020, www.beaverfallspa.org, accessed June. 2022.
Nearby Towns: Beaver Boro • Bridgewater Boro • Conway Boro • East Rochester Borough • Freedom Boro • Monaca Boro •