Arlington City Hall is located at 500 West First Street, Arlington, OR 97812.
Arlington as described in 1940 
Arlington, first known as Alkali, was given its present name by N.A. Cornish in commemoration of the home of Robert E. Lee. The first dwelling was erected on the site in 1880 by Elijah Ray, and the town of Alkali was platted two years later by J.W. Smith. The town was incorporated in 1887. Ducks and geese are plentiful in the vicinity; the open season is from October 21 to November 19, inclusive. Hunting rights are often rented from the ranchers at $8 to $10 a day. The Arlington Ferry makes connections with Roosevelt, Washington.