Photo: Milton Odem House, ca. 1937, 623 SW 12th Street, Redmond, OR. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997. Photographed by user:Orygun (own work), 2009, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed May, 2016.
Redmond City Hall is located at 716 SW Evergreen Avenue, Redmond, OR 97756.
Redmond  is named for Frank and Josephine Redmond who began homesteading here about 1906. The city was platted by an irrigation company engaged in building a canal through the area. The town was incorporated in 1911. That same year, the Oregon Trunk Railroad came to town, securing a prosperous future. With access to new markets for local farmers and merchants, the town had grown to several thousand residents by the 1940s. During the first decade of the new millennium Redmond's population exploded with growth of more than 70%.