Edmond City administrative offices are located at 24 East First Street, Edmond OK 73083.
Edmond City as described in 1941 
Edmond was first established as a watering and coaling station when the Santa Fe Railway was extended into the Territory in 1887, and was named for one of the railway officials. It served as a shipping point for cattle and as a concentration point for supplies bound for trading posts on the Kickapoo and Iowa reservations. In the Run of April 22, 1889, the townsite was homesteaded.
Pioneer foresight is apparent in the beauty of the landscaping and natural setting of the town; houses are set on deep lawns where there are tall trees and many flowers. Edmond is a trading center for the surrounding farms, has several small factories, and a towering grain elevator, and is rapidly developing a near-by oil field.
On the east side of town stands Central State College, a co-educational school with an enrollment (1941) of 858 students. It was established here as the Territorial Normal School in October, 1891. North Tower, the oldest of the nine buildings on the campus, was originally built of brick made near the college, but when the structure was enlarged it was covered with native red sandstone.
Nearby Towns: The Village City •