Photo: Marland-Paris House, ca. 1916, 1000 East Grand Avenue, Ponca City, OK. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. Photographed by user:Jerrye and Roy Klotz, MD, 2007, (own work) [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed June, 2014.
The Kay County courthouse is located at 201 South Main Street, Newkirk, OK 74647; phone: 580-62-3350.
This is the only one of the State's original counties to retain its original designation ("K"), memorialized in the present name, Kay County. The area that would become the county was previously known as the Cherokee Run, a resettlement area for several Native American Indian tribes. The area was opened to white settlement with the Land Run kicked-off September 16, 1893.