Warsaw Village Hall is located at 15 South Main Street, Warsaw NY 14569.
Warsaw Village was incorporated April 17, 1843. It is the county seat of Wyoming County. It lies in the Oatka Creek valley near the center of the Town of Warsaw. In 1860 Warsaw's population was 1,200 and it contained 5 churches, a village academy, 2 newspapers, a bank, and insurance company, and several manufacturing concerns.
Warsaw flourished during the middle third of the nineteenth century as lawyers and bankers flocked to the county seat and merchants and entrepreneurs arrived to capitalize on the needs of the increasing population. The Erie Railroad arrived in 1850. A water system was installed in 1869, a gas plant shortly afterward, street lights in 1871, and electricity in 1891. With the discovery of salt in 1880, eight salt wells were quickly established and in 2-years (1890-1892) population surged from 1,900 to 3,300.