In 1880 there were at Dutch Hollow a church, a cemetery, a school house, a hotel, a saw mill, a cider mill, and a few dwellings.
Saint John's Lutheran Church, located at Dutch Hollow, was organized soon after the Germans began to settle in the town, in 1835 or 1836. Among the early members may be mentioned Michael Hansower, Peter and Jacob Zittle, John Garhard, Michael Copp, John Haverly, Frederick Zath and others, numbering about 30. Meetings were first held at private dwellings and at the school house. The meeting house was completed in 1840 or 1841. Members brought boards on their backs long distances to add their mite to the undertaking. The society has always been small, numbering about 40 members by 1880.
At Dutch Hollow there was a cemetery which opened in 1846. The Lutheran society caused the ground to be laid out 4 or 5 years after their church building was erected. The first internment was that of Catharine Haverly.
Dutch Hollow Road • Goose Hill Road • Route 34 • Route 35