Castile Town Hall is located at 53 North Main Street, Castile NY 14427.
Castile was incorporated from Perry in 1821. Large sections of the town, known as the "White Woman's Tract" and "White Woman's Reserver" (Indian Reservations) were not opened for sale and settlement until 1823 and 1830, respectively. A few pioneer settlers began building log cabins in the area as early as 1809.
Robert Whaley built a tavern about a mile north of what would become Castile Village. His brother-in-law Daniel McKay built a saw mill along the Wolf Creek.
Prominent among the early settlers in the eastern part of the town were Clark Sanford, Esquire and his brother, Freeman, who came in 1816, establishing farms and homes for their families.