Sodus Village Hall is located at 14 Mill Street, Sodus, NY 14551.
The first settler in Sodus Village was John Holcomb, who built here in November, 1809. In 1812 the place contained, besides Holcomb's log house, a tavern, a frame schoolhouse, and five or six other log dwellings. A post office was initially established and called "East Ridge." The name was eventually changed to Sodus.
E. A. Green started the first banking business in the village between 1860 and 1870. He failed in 1876 and soon afterward E. W. Gurnee & Company opened what was called "Green's Baningin Office." The indirect successor to that institution was the Bank of Sodus. It's proprietor, C. K Knapp, also operated a drug and notions store in the village.
C. D. Gaylord founded a banking business in 1881. Fish & Hulett's basket factory was started by Granger, Golding & Company in 1886. The Norris Fruit Evaporator was built in 1880 by Felker, Danfords & Company. (The Sodus area was renowned for its pear and apple orchards.)
Nearby Towns: Sodus Town •