Stony Creek Town Hall is located at 52 Hadley Road, Stony Creek NY 12878.
This town was set up by dividing the town of Athol into Thurman and Stony Creek on November 3, 1852. The most important pioneer industry was a tannery operated by J. P. Bowman, which employed twenty-five men and turned out 40,000 sides of sole leather a year. Alexander McDonald, Campbell and Taylor, Horace L. Hall, Lyman Kenyon, Theodorus Hall, John Walsh, and Gardner Adams, owned sawmills. Columbus Gill ran a gristmill, and H. L. Hall a wood-ware factory. The early settlers also made potash and operated a broom factory.
Stripping the mountains of their forests to provide raw materials eventually put an end to these industries, and without a means of livelihood the people drifted away. In 1900 Stony Creek had 1,019 inhabitants; in 1940, 457. It had become a country of small farms with little resort development until the urge in recent years for dude ranches and camps in areas having "wide open spaces." Paralleling this development came the conversion of farm homes into guest houses. Today  this new turn is fast assuming an economic importance that gives a fresh hope of employment for more people in Stony Creek.