Glens Falls City Hall is located at 42 Ridge Street, Glens Falls NY 12801.
Glens Falls was incorporated as a village in 1839. In 1908 it was incorporated as a city.
Glens Falls was known to the Indians as Che-pon-tuc, meaning "a difficult place to get around, or get past." To those who traveled by canoe the term seemed fitting. In 1762 a patent of Queensbury Town was granted to "several of our loving subjects" by King George III. A large portion of this patent was purchased by one Abraham Wing, who erected a grist and saw mill at the Falls. Later, on a convivial occasion, Wing sold his birthright for a mess of potage — or to speak more plainly — transferred his right and title to the name to a Colonel Johannes Glenn, for the price of a "wine supper," which the latter paid for and the name was changed to Glen's Falls.