Woodstock Town Hall is located at 47 Comeau Drive, Woodstock NY 12498.
Woodstock was formed in 1787 from the settlements of Great and Little Shandaken which had been attached to the Town of Hurley. The first settlements were made just before the beginning of the Revolution. Philip Bonesteel, the first innkeeper, settled here in 1770; Edward Short in 1776; Peter Short in 1784; Jacobus Du Bois, Ephraim Van Keuren, Philip Shultis and Henry Shultis Sr. in 1788; Robert Livingston built the first saw mill and J. Montrose the first grist mill. The first church (Lutheran) was formed in 1806. By 1860 there were 6 churches in the town.