Flackville took its rise at the building of the turnpike from Ogdensburg to Parishville in 1818. Thomas Craig built a small hotel there, and John P. Flack built an ashery, a store and a carriage shop. James Flack purchased the hotel and rebuilt it on a larger scale, greatly improving the place, and from him it took its name. A post-office was established there, two churches were soon erected — Methodist and Presbyterian — and the place soon became the business center for that part of the town.
Lisbon-Flackville Road • Route 68