West Glenville is a village ten miles from Schenectady, containing twenty-eight dwellings, two blacksmith shops, one wagon shop, one harness shop, one shoe shop, one meat shop, one hotel—now closed—and two churches. It is in the northeast part of the town. The First Reformed Church was organized in 1813, with an endowment from Schenectady. The church was built at once, and again rebuilt in 1872 at a cost of $8,500. There was half an acre connected for a burial ground, and there has since been added to it one and one-half acres, and the trustees are now making arrangements to again enlarge it.
Glenville Road West • North Road • Route 40 • Route 55