Waterford Town Hall is located at 65 Broad Street, Waterford NY 12188.
Waterford was formed from Half Moon in 1816. It lies at the junction of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers, in the south-east corner of the county. The town was formerly known as Half Moon Point, and the semi-circular tract between the Hudson and the Mohawk was called Half Moon. Its present name originated from the fact that at the Village of Waterford, a ford crossed to Haver Island.
The town was first settled by the Dutch at a very early day. John Cramer was the first town supervisor.