Charlton Town Hall is located at 784 Charlton Road, Ballston Lake, NY 12019.
Charlton (along with Galway and Milton) were created in 1792 from Ballston. Originally called Freehold (as many of its earliest settlers came from Freehold NJ, the first being John Cavert) it was renamed Charlton in honor of one Dr. Charlton, a noted physician of the time. There were three villages within the township by the mid 1800s: Blue Corners, Charlton, Little Troy, and West Corners.
Nearby Towns: Ballston Town • Galway Town • Galway Vlg • Glenville Town •