Grand View‑on‑Hudson Village Hall is located at 118 River Road, Nyack NY 10960.
The history of Grand View-on-Hudson dates to 1671 when Dutch wheelright, Claes Jansen Kuyper (Cooper) obtained a land patent from the Duke of York for a large tract including what is now the village of Grand View-on-Hudson. In the late 18th century Garret Onderdonk settled in the Grand View area. In 1785 Onderdonk opened the first of many brownstone quarries in the community. This remained one of the area's most prolific industries into the 1860s. In 1915 the village of Grand View was formally incorporated. However, in 1917 a portion of the village sought to be removed from the incorporated village. On May 29, 1918, the present village of Grand View-on-Hudson was reincorporated.