Mexico Village Hall is located at 3236 Main Street, Mexico NY 13114.
The village of Mexico became the most important community in the town of Mexico early in the nineteenth century due to its location on the primary routes through the town and its good mill sites. The growth of population in the town and the increasing prosperity of farms and industries reflected the development of the village as the center of industry, commerce, business, education, and religion. The population of the town by 1810 was already 845 and it had almost doubled by 1820, with 1,590 inhabitants. By 1830 the population was 2,681, although that number included a larger area than the present town. In contrast, Mexico Village only had a few residents in 1810, but by 1840 had "about 500 inhabitants, 60 dwelling houses, 1 Presbyterian, 1 Baptist and 1 Methodist Church, an incorporated academy, 2 taverns, 5 stores, 1 gristmill, 2 sawmills, 1 oil mill, 2 tanneries and 1 clothiers works". The village was incorporated in 1851.