Canadice Town Hall is located at 6707 County Route #37, Springwater NY 14560; phone: 585-367-2050.
Canadice was formed from Richmond, April 15, 1829, and a part was annexed to Richmond in 1836. Its name is a corruption of Skane-a-dice, the Indian name of the lake which lies within its borders. Canadice and Honeoye Lakes lie within the town's boundaries.
The first saw mill was built by John Algur. In 1867 there were three churches in the town: Methodist Episcopal, Methodist Protestant and Wesleyan Methodist.