Boonville Village Hall is located at 13149 State Route 12, Boonville NY 13309.
Boonville was founded in 1796 and named for its founder, Gerritt Boon. Boon was a Dutch land agent working for the Holland Land Company. The village was incorporated in 1855. The company invested in a saw mill, grist mill, store, tavern, and several dwellings. Boon's partner, Andrew Edmunds, built his own home here. He is credited as being Boonville's first permanent settler.