Barker Village Hall is located at 8708 Main Street, Barker NY 14012.
In 1897, Barker (also known as Somerset Station) was a postal village and railroad station stop (R. W. & O Railroad) in the Town of Somerset. John L. Taylor, a general merchant, served as postmaster at that time. Other businesses included: Jesson Brothers, hardware; Reed & Cartwright, furniture; John O'Malley, general merchant.
A Methodist church was organized as early as 1817 and met at the house of Silas Meade for the first 2 years. Reverend Daniel Shepherdson was the first preacher.
Barker was incorporated as a village in 1908.