Caledonia Village Hall is located at 3095 Main Street, Caledonia NY 14423.
The Village of Caledonia, located south of the City of Rochester, was incorporated on May 15, 1891. For almost a hundred years, since its first settlers in 1799, the area prospered. Similar to the growth of many other villages, Caledonia's prosperity mainly relied on its proximity to a major water source. Located north of Caledonia was the Big Springs and pond which provided the first inhabitants with power for mills to grind their produce for the fields. An agricultural community developed and as a result, churches, schools, stores and manufacturing services were soon established within the village. Approximately 7 miles in each direction, a similar community was settled. This mutual support of the village and rural area is still evident in the town government and school districts.
Nearby Towns: Riga Town • Wheatland Town •