Lake Pleasant municipal offices are located on Route 8, Lake Pleasant, NY 12108.
Sageville (Lake Pleasant Town—incorporated in 1812, settled beginning in 1794) the shire town of Hamilton County, is delightfully located between the southern extremities of Pleasant and Round Lakes, lying only 1/2 mile apart and connected by a boatable stream. Upon an elevation commanding an exquisite view of these and a dozen other glittering lakes, with the surrounding country—cultivated meadows and interminable forests giving richness and variety to the landscape—is situated Lake Pleasant Hotel, a 3 story structure surrounded by two verandas, and facing a pleasant little park, whose thrifty maples lend delicious shade. The proprietor, Steve D. Andrews, an accomplished hotel manager, has made a fine record and is very popular with the habitues of the locality.
Lake Pleasant is about 4 miles in length by 1 mile in width, and its outlet feeds the East branch of Sacandaga River, a tributary of the Hudson, which it enters near Lake Luzerne. [Sa-can-da-ga or Sa-chon-da-ge is an Indian word signifying "much water," or "drowned lands."