Sherburne Village Hall is located at 15 West State Street, Sherburne NY 13460.
The Village of Sherburne was incorporated in 1830.
The village s the major population center in the township of the same name located in the northeastern part of Chenango County.
This description, from the book Sherburne Illustrated, is as appropriate today as when it was written in 1896: "There is no more beautiful village in the valley than Sherburne; finely shaded with most excellent stone sidewalks on every street, the pride taken by its citizen in keeping lawns and out-buildings in good condition makes it a pleasure to stroll about its thoroughfares."
‡ Breyer, Lucy A., New York State Division for Historic Preservation, Sherburne Historic District, nomination document, 1982, National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places, Washington, D.C.