New Berlin Village Hall is located at 71 North Main Street, New Berlin NY 13411.
New Berlin is situated on the eastern edge of Chenango County at the point where the tiny village creek flows into the Unadilla River. Settlement between the Chenango and Unadilla Rivers was opened in the 1780's when Governor George Clinton purchased this land from the Tuscarora and Oneida Indians. The northern portion was immediately laid out in twenty towns divided into 250-acre lots. Lots number 76 and 77 of the Town of New Berlin became the Village of New Berlin.
The early growth of New Berlin Village depended greatly on the industries and businesses established there at the turn of the eighteenth century: an ashery, a tannery, a flax-seed mill, a woolen factory, and a cotton mill.