Photo: Hadley-Ludwick House, ca. 1907, 2640 El Paseo Road, Las Cruces, NM. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991. Photographed by User:AllenS (own work), 2009, [cc-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed February, 2013.
Las Cruces City Hall is located at 700 North Main Street, Las Cruces, NM 88001.
The City of Las Cruces was incorporated in 1907 and has a population (2010) of approximately 92,000.
Las Cruces as described in 1940 
Las Cruces is the seat of Dona Ana County. A caravan of oxcarts, en route from Chihuahua, was attacked by Indians at the point where the city now stands and was entirely destroyed. A few days later another freight party from Dona Ana found the bodies, buried them, and erected crosses over the graves. From that time the site has been known as Las Cruces.
Settled in 1848 it has become a prosperous city in the center of a rich agricultural district with fine schools and churches, a State Farm Bureau, two banks, many civic and social clubs, a country club, and a golf course. Several trails lead from Las Cruces to the mountains east and west and to the Mesilla Valley, a land of beauty and of vast resources, agricultural and mineral. The Amador Hotel on Amador Street was built by Don Martin Amador, a Santa Fe Trail stage driver in 1853, and was furnished with massive walnut pieces of the 1850s brought by oxcarts from the East. In addition to the fine old furniture, girls' names over the doors — La Luz, Maria, Esperanza, Natalia, Dorotea, Muneca and others, 23 in all — recall the days when the casa was the rendezvous of officers and men from Fort Seldon to the north and Fort Fillmore to the south. There were a variety of theater, dance halls, and games of chance — a frontier stopping place typical of the time.